Our current submission window is open from 1 to 31 March 2021. After this date, we will not accept submissions until the next submission window later in 2021.
Postal submissions cannot be accepted. Please do not send original photographs or manuscripts to our office, as it is currently closed due to COVID-19 regulations. Submissions should be sent by email rather than by post.
- The books published by The Lilliput Press are all broadly focused on Irish themes. Please bear this in mind when considering us for submission.
- The Lilliput Press publishes books entirely on their merit, regardless of the author’s class, colour, creed, or gender, and we treat each and every Lilliput Press author with the same respect and dignity. We continue as we began more than three decades ago, searching out fresh voices that will resonate beyond our shores. As custodians of the written word, we cherish our independence of judgment, originality of thought, and the singularity of Irish culture in a polyglot universe.
- We publish a wide range of titles spanning history, memoir, biography, nature writing, essay collections and literary fiction. We are particularly interested in these areas.
- The Lilliput Press does not publish crime fiction, romance, science fiction, fantasy, children’s books or other genre fiction.
- Please email email@example.com with your submission, following these guidelines:
- Include the word ‘Submission’ in your subject line with the title of your work.
- Attach a single-page cover letter introducing yourself, including your contact details. Please explain why you are submitting to the Lilliput Press. For more information about the Press, please see the ‘About Us‘ page.
- Attach a one-page synopsis of your work.
- Attach three sample chapters as a Word document or a PDF (these don’t need to be consecutive).
- The Lilliput Press receives hundreds of submissions every year. We acknowledge each piece of work and endeavour to give time and attention to all of them, but please allow 3 to 6 months for a response.
- If your work is progressed on to the next stage, you may be asked to provide a printed manuscript of your work. At that point, you will be provided with an active postal address.
We look forward to reading your work. Thank you!