We’re hiring! Part-time Bookseller at The Lilliput Press
The Lilliput Press, one of Ireland’s leading independent publishing houses, seeks a part-time bookseller for the period June–December 2022. This role is in-person only and is an opportunity to experience the front line of Irish bookselling and publishing in a creative and friendly work environment.
This role will be a part-time, 6-month contract on the pay rate of €25,000 per annum pro rata (the equivalent of €13.00 per hour). The hours are from 10am to 2pm, Monday to Friday. Additional hours may be required from time to time to help with evening book events.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and moving bookshop inventory, tracking out-of-stock or out-of-print titles, stocking shelves, restocking distributors and ensuring that order lists are up to date.
- Bookselling through the Lilliput Press shop including in-person customer service, web sales and postal orders, invoicing and tallying monthly sales.
- Updating and maintaining metadata across Lilliput’s bibliographic systems and WordPress website using Excel.
- Maintaining the shop and office spaces including restocking stationery.
The successful candidate should have:
- Excellent organizational skills with a responsible attitude.
- Experience with inputting sets of data accurately and efficiently, or experience with bookselling.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence in working pro-actively and independently with good time management.
- Proficiency in Mac-based products, particularly Excel.
- A flexible, positive attitude with good customer service skills and the ability to work within a team.
- A professional phone manner.
Not essential but desirable skills include:
- Experience of WordPress and any bibliographic data management sites such as Nielsen.
- Knowledge of and interest in the Irish publishing industry and Irish literature.
CVs and a very brief cover letter (no more than 300 words) should be submitted by email to the Publishing & Production Manager, Ruth Hallinan – email@example.com – by 9am on Monday, 30 May 2022. Please include ‘Part-time Bookseller’ in your subject line. Interviews will take place the week of 6 June with a start date in mid-June. The Lilliput Press is an equal opportunities employer.