Publicity Internship at The Lilliput Press
Deadline for applications: 12 pm on Tuesday, 25 July 2017.
The Lilliput Press, one of Ireland’s most prestigious independent publishing houses, seeks a full-time publicity intern for the period September to December 2017. This four-month internship is an opportunity to experience the front line of Irish book publishing in a creative and friendly work environment.
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in social media marketing, running publicity campaigns, event management and sales, as well as learning valuable administrative skills. You will be required to flex your copywriting skills, proofread publicity materials and deal with media contacts. Suitable candidates will have the opportunity to read and critique submitted manuscripts and will be able to get involved in the book design process and the broader book production process.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong social media and PR skills
- A professional phone manner
- Good organisational skills
- A flexible, positive attitude
- Good attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confidence in working independently, with good time management
- A comprehensive knowledge of the Irish publishing industry and of established and emerging Irish authors
- Proficiency using a Mac and, ideally, in Mac-based Microsoft and Adobe software.
Note that although this opportunity is technically unpaid, we do offer a small once-off stipend upon successful completion of the internship.
CVs and a very brief cover letter (no more than 300 words) should be submitted by email to our Publishing & Production Manager, Ruth Hallinan – firstname.lastname@example.org – by 12 PM on Tuesday 25 July 2017.