Finnegans Wake Limited Edition (Special)
By: James Joyce
Special Limited Edition
- Full leather binding in black calfskin
- Full cloth slipcase
- Off-white, mould-made,deckle edged 130 gram paper (30% rag)
- Front edge and foot untrimmed, adding 5mm to width and height
- Pulp-coloured endleaves, Nettuno light 140 grams
- Rounded and backed with stamping on spine and front panel, head and tailbands
- Signed and numbered 1-150, lettered A-Z.
Booklet is printed on mould-made paper and hardbound with stiff grey paper over boards, 64pp.
This critically emended edition of Finnegans Wake, welcomed by Seamus Deane as ‘astonishing and pleasing beyond measure’ is now delivered to its reading public more than seventy years after the novel’s first publication by Faber & Faber on the 4th May 1939.
Finnegans Wake is the most bookish of all books. John Bishop has described it as ‘the single most intentionally crafted literary artefact that our culture has produced’. In its original format, however, the book has been beset by numerous imperfections occasioned by the confusion of its seventeen year composition. Only today, by restoring to our view the author’s intentions in a physical book designed, printed and bound to the highest standards of the printers’ art, can the editors reveal in true detail James Joyce’s fourth, and last, masterwork.