We are hiring!
PUBLISHING & PRODUCTION MANAGER (Maternity Cover)
The Lilliput Press is seeking a Publishing & Production Manager on a 6-12 month contract to cover maternity leave. The successful candidate will have suitable experience in a book publishing environment, preferably in a project management or coordination role, and must be able to hit the ground running.
- Suitable experience in a book publishing environment in a project management, coordination or administration role
- Demonstrated administration and office management skills
- Mac-based computer literacy (MS Office, Internet, Gmail, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop & Indesign, WordPress, FTP programs)
- Strong editorial and proofreading skills, and outstanding attention to detail
- Familiarity with typesetting and design programs
- Excellent people management, mentoring and team-building skills
- Demonstrated project management abilities
Reporting to the Publisher, this is a dynamic and multifaceted role. In addition to general office administration, duties include the overseeing of our eCommerce website, our physical shop and company accounts, as well as:
- Ensuring titles are sent to press and in stock on time, and that all our distribution and marketing partners have up to date information on pub dates and specifications
- Running production meetings and updating production schedule
- Sending new title data to relevant parties and adding to Nielsen database
- Finalizing print specifications, getting print quotes from printers and liaising with them re. specs/schedule/delivery
- Creative and technical quality control on all cover designs
- Checking and signoff of all prepress file.
- Advertising for interns in a timely manner to ensure there are no significant staffing gaps
- Conducting interviews to a high standard and ensuring that a fair recruitment policy is adhered to
- Mentoring of interns to ensure professional development
- Day-to-day management of publicity intern: overseeing of all publicity tasks including sending out review copies and arranging book launches, ensuring website is regularly updated and web orders are processed in a timely manner.
Marketing and Brand Management
- Managing Lilliput brand via social media and website
- Ensuring that all launch invitations and other marketing communications are on brand and properly presented
- Maintenance of mailing lists
- Copywriting and designing ads/posters (using Adobe InDesign) as required.
Candidates who meet the core competencies listed above should apply in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 AM on 20 January 2017.